Thursday, April 5

this is my kind of worship...

i was thinking about my kind of worship. this week i've been re-exploring celtic prayer and worship and having some lovely times with God as a result. then i was on you-tube because there's a scary american family who have been documented by louis theroux. they take the bible in a very weird way and aren't opene to anyone else to challenge them in any way. fundamental to the extreme! their worship was very traditional, out of old hymn books with the music on the page as well as the words (no problems with this by the way, just not my style!) and it got me tinking about worship. the video below is one of the most amazing worship experiences i've had in a long time. it makes me tingle and really engage with a good God who brings energy and colour and creativity and craziness and gets into all the nooks and crannies of our lives. i hope you like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bea, Love the video, I've seen it before. I didn't see Louis Theroux's program, but read about it - very scary. Thanks for replying on Andrew's post, I've left a brief comment there. Love your blog. Jonathan (my hubby) and I are early 30s, I guess from a middle class british family. I thoughts on church are so different to the congregational experience though, so I guess to others at our church we are kind of weird, we often get blank faces when we speak about our thoughts etc. Everyone else seems really comfy with things. What you guys are involved with sounds exciting. Lyn

Mark Fletcher said...

Brilliant concept bea. I love this video and I love your little interpretation of it. I shall use this at church.