Monday, September 28

some things to remember about this time in my life as a mum

jos' warm hand sliding into mine as we walk through the park.

robin's exchange with me on the tram during fresher's week:
me - look at all those styodents
robin - what's that?
me - styodents means students.
robin - what - like rodents?
me - exactly!

robin's inventions. yesterday he asked me if he could take my granny's sewing machine apart to use for inventing because it doesn't work any more. i said that i wasn't happy for him to do that - i'd rather we see if we can get it fixed. so he says, "well. i'll use it to make an invention. i'll attach the phone to it so that when you speak in the phone the words go into the sewing machine. and then i'll put a tube on the light so that when you turn the sewing machine on the light goes on and heats up and all the words in the tube get hot. and then that will make the power for the sewing machine to make your words go onto fabric. and then you can speak in the phone and your words will be on fabric. he is a boy of possibility!

jos' reason for why he has to do something is "cos this is part of my master plan!"

robin came up to me and asked for a hug. he put his arms around me and said that he was sorry for nearly hurting me at the top of the spider frame and that he loves me. - when a child says sorry because they feel sorry it is so beautiful. so different to when a child says sorry because it is asked of them or expected of them.

seeing my family all around me last thing at night and first thing in the morning. and hearing what they say in their sleep!

No comments: