Friday, February 27

Long time - no post

I'm so busy with work that I rarely get time to post. Today it took ages to get into the uni and i was expecting lots of messages from interpreters to say they couldn't get in because of the snow - they're all in! it's a miracle!

there's loads of snow in sheffield and we woke up to the coolest thing - a message in the snow under our window on the pavement that read 'morning bea and andy'! i went to break the ice on the pond and managed to put my foot straight through into the water! fortunately i had my kingdom shoes that kerry and diane bought me and my feet are STILL dry!!

i'm reading loads at the moment - so far i've gotten through nigel slater's 'toast' (8/10), james elroy's 'the black dhalia' (8.5/10), ian mcKewan's 'atonement' (9/10), sylvia plath's 'the bell jar' (7.5/10) and most recently mark haddon's 'the curious incident of the dog in the night-time' (10/10). just about to start 'the god of small things' by arundhati roy (?) which was part of my 3 for 2 purchases in waterstones a few days ago!

also reading john eldridge's 'waking the dead' which is awesome - lots to digest. makes the back-drop of war and the Christian faith make so much sense and even on a micro level of daily life. i'll get my thoughts together and blog more soon.

off to London today to visit the jones' for the weekend - can't wait to see them all. apparently the trains are running well which is a relief - don't much fancy being stuck in a carriage somewhere!

No comments: