Monday, May 24

it's the little things!

I have just been chatting with one of the diabled students at work - he is visually impaired and started losing his sight a few years ago. He was saying that even though he worked as a driver for most of his career, it wasn't giving up driving that bothered him when he started losing his sight. It was the little things such as cutting his toe-nails. I agreed - at the weekend I attempted to cut my toe-nails and it was really hard with my bump in the way. Painting them was manageable but with unique paint effects that I wouldn't normally use! Then yesterday I cried because I had bumped my head for about the fourth time by trying to do something that I used to be able to do without bumping my head - fortunately I had four batteries in my hand so I slammed these down on the floor which didn't help so much as make me feel a bit of release!

No comments: