Tuesday, May 11

strange things afoot!

Yesterday in particular was a very odd day. Andy and I were walking into work and as we walked past the Winter gardens a man in a wheelchairt was wheeled out and then carried down the steps. In itself, I suppose this is not too odd except for the fact that there is a wheelchair ramp just a couple of metres away! Then, wakling home, I crossed the road in town and as I stepped up onto the kerb I lost my balance and fell over. this morning I nearly fell over twice in the garden but there were things to grab onto to steady myself. So, having fallen over in the street, I got the tram home and couldn't face the walk up the hill (this now takes me about 15 minutes compared to the 5 minutes before I was pregnant!) so I rang the lovely Jen who gave me a lift. We came in and made a cup of tea, and as we went into the lounge I saw a pigeon sitting on the sofa. Then the pigeon went a bit crazy (it had come down the chimney) so I got a towel and Jen manged to catch it and put it outside. All very strange.

But in it all, God is so good:

1. There are miracles happening at work cos I am relatively calm and I am completing tasks in hugely unrealistic times.
2. When I fell in the street, I landed heavily on my hands and elbow but there are no scratches or even bruises.
3. The pigeon pooed but only on wipe-friendly surfaces, such as the leather sofa and the window sill and no soot from the chimney came down onto the new carpet etc.
4. My nextdoor neighbour, Vicky, is amazing. She is ready just at the right time to help me hang out washing or put the bin out and we are doing communal gardening which is great.

No comments: