Monday, October 21

(bea)Morning!

The weather in sheffield this morning was amazing - all misty and wintery. i love it - in fact we both do! Andy didn't like the drizzle that accompanied it but it reminded me of hot chocolates in front of the fire and being all snuggled up.



A realisation about my relationship with film


Last night we went to see Red Dragon at the cinema. It was really great - it gave me a really interesting insight into how films affect me. Ages ago I made the decision that I would stop watching certain films because they freaked me out too much - these were psychological thrillers in particular. However, i still wanted to see hannibal and Red Dragon and neither of these freaked me out at all, even though the content is pretty revolting at times! Anyway, my realisation is that the Hannibal Lecter films don't mess with your mind - they kind of walk me through the process of what is being investigated so I don't feel like like anything is about to be sprung upon me. A bit like a really good book, I feel like I am within the story and in relationship with the characters and for some reason, this means that I really enjoy the film. In contrast, I was encouraged to watch 'Don't Say A Word' a few weeks ago and hated it - if it wasn't for the fact that I was watching it with Sam and Suzie Lovell (both teenagers) and didn't want to appear pathetic (!) I would have walked out!



We stayed at the Lovell's last night which was as amazing as staying at a plush hotel. The drugs are starting to work and yesterday I managed to spend an afternoon in the house without doing a darth vader impression! Loads of people have apparently offered their services to come and vacuum and clean in the house - we need to wash all the walls down and make sure it is as clean as possible. Hopefully we'll move ourselves in at the weekend!



Viv brought an amazing card round to our house yesterday which she had bastilled. It has a picture of a house with us standing out the front (with wicked dreads!) and in the sky is a red heart, raining down rays of love onto our house - I love it! Hope that God keeps pouring his love onto our house and into our home.


No comments: