Tuesday, November 12

(bea) i saw this on the guardian site in the archives. i thought it was really beautiful, and elegant as well - not what you would normally expect from Tracey Emin! Swimming pools Not just for the swimming, but architecturally, too. If I could design a giant work of art, I would like to design four pools along the Thames. I'd call them the London Ovals - you'd be able to see them from the air, from planes flying over the city. Each pool would have a roof that came over in winter and down in summer. You'd use both Thames water and fresh water. I think about it a lot; I've even come up with some plans. I'm interested in architecture using water. Pools can be a work of art, not just a pool. If I had my way, there'd be a swimming pool in every estate, every few streets. I used to swim 1km a day five days a week - it's really good for the soul, because whatever you jump into the pool with, you come out not with it any more. You leave the baggage in the water.

No comments: