Wednesday, August 25

in the words of POD: "every day is a new day..."

Last night I tried to post a couple of times but Blogger refused to publish for me! It was really frustrating because I had so much good stuff to tell you. I'll try and get it all down here:

Yesterday was a really good day - I felt full of joy all day and although I forgot to eat lunch for the third day in a row and I haven't managed to sleep in the day for three days also, I didn't feel too tired. The night before robin was up screaming (literally) from 11.30pm to 2.30 am which was a little difficult to say the least. Last night he was slightly kinder and decided only to scream from 2.30am to 5am!

We think we've got to the bottom of what's wrong with him - the colic doesn't seem to be the main reason he's unsettled. During a nappy change a couple of days ago I noticed some blood on the cotton wool. It turns out that he has raw nappy rash inside his butt-cheeks around his anus and this has started to ulcer. So lots of bum n' air time for robin - he seems so much more settled though. My theory is that sore bum causes distress causes unsettled feeding causes wind causes colic. Colic is now so much better and we just have to get the bum sorted!

Last night I watched 'the Italian job' (the remake) which I'd seen before and love. It was funny because I had forgotten one of the lines which I thought was so true last time I watched it and particularly true this time:

"how are you doing?"
"fine"
"you know what 'fine' stands for? - Freaked out, Insecure, Neurotic and Emotional."

Today I am busy with packing for greenbelt and sorting things out. I prayed lots before robin was born that God would make me more resourceful and he is really answering that prayer. I am so resourceful at the moment in terms of getting stuff done that I may even be learning to multi-task!!

Weather is shitty here - let's hope it's better for the weekend otherwise it'll be muddy fields for us and andy 'cranky pants' marshall will live up to his name!!

No comments: