Tuesday, October 31

a wee blog on sugar and design...

so i stopped eating sugar about 4 or 5 months ago. i noticed that i constantly craved sweet stuff, was really lethargic and my moods were up down up down up down. decided to see what would happen if i stopped eating sugar (not including natural stuff like honey, fruit, maple syrup etc)and very quickly i had more energy, more level moods, and also unexpectedly weight started falling away too! i've had a few blips but mostly it's fantastic. when i have a blip and eat sugar, even a small amount, i start to feel unwell within an hour or two - kind of groggy and hung over! so i think a life without sugar is here to stay but the benefits to my energy levels and mental health are a definite motivator.

in terms of design, i have designed a collection of clothing for breastfeeding women which i am in the proess of seeing through to the manufacturing stage and then on into wholesale and retail distribution. my first pattern is in the post right now which is very exciting! i'm trying to get in touch with british manufacturers as i'd like to keep as much of the process here as possible. if anyone wants to suggest a business name that would be great - my favourite has caused a couple of murmurs of derision so i'm keeping an open mind!

kate, any questions?!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about 'Baptastic fashions'
Or 'Keeping a breast of current trends'
Or 'Boobylicious'

Sorry, Bea. I think I should stop now, take myself into the corner and have a strong word with myself.

Anonymous said...

boobulicious was the very first idea but it doesn't google very well in terms of adult content sites!

amy said...

Bea--

I'll have to give this some thought. All I can think of right now is SUPER cheesy. But I'll get back to you. I love assignments like this. Also, I had no idea you were embarking on such a huge business adventure. I'm really excited for you. This is a huge deal. You are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bea, thanks for enlightening me, both things sound great. Can't write for long coz in NY and internet time is running out! xxx

Anonymous said...

which amy? i can think of three off the top of my head! glad you like the assignment!

andy said...

i'm guessing amy russell... but could be wrong.

amy said...

Yes, it is indeed Amy Russell. And the names that came to mind were something along the lines of Milkmaid, or MilkyWay Fashions or something terrible like that. Sorry. I know they're bad. I'll let you know if I come up with something better.

Anonymous said...

quite like milkmaid. what do people think of boobyjuice for a name?