Monday, February 17

well well well... our wonderful friend stacy has started blogging and will be much appreciated by those people on thefridaynightmovie blog. here is a snippet of her first post to whet your appetite!


I dream of breaking through that seemingly impossible barrier between Christ in me and all that is around me ... wouldn't it be nice if all the world were a beach boys song. Wouldn't it be nice if I could hug the pain out of people. If I could I would squeeze so hard. Wouldn't it be nice if I could scrub the ugliness and selfishness off of myself, my friends, my society. I would scour and scratch till we bleed. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all break into song while waiting in line at H-E-B, I would be so light on my feet and a beautiful barritone boy would wisk me into his arms while we light up the aisles. Wouldn't it be nice if we could will away the pain and emptiness in our guts that keeps us up at night and alters our diets and plunges us toward deep deepening depressive dreams of grey hazy nights in a gloomy grimy city where the dogs are dipped in disposed of drinks and their eyes invite and threaten you all at once ... where televisions glow in all the alley windows and children lie in dirty beds ... where you can't remember who you are or if you are alive at all, but you watch as danger skids through in sedans. In that place you can strip nude and no one cares, you can be tall or short or fat and you can sleep around, no one seems to notice, you can travel in damp tunnels and store your things in broken mirrored medicine cabinets. But where are you then? Is it home? Is it a place to visit? I don't enjoy my visits there, whatever the case, I awake and wonder why no one noticed the dirt and danger, why didn't anyone notice me?

No comments: